Monday, January 10, 2011

Tessaro's


I'm always trying to hit up places that are listed in the fantastic book "Hamburger America." Tessaro's is one of two places to be listed for Pennsylvania. I visited while in Pittsburgh a few weeks ago with high expectations. I like the joint, it seems like a family run business, and there's a lot of people coming and going. We didn't have to wait long for a table, and the service was fine. I do like the atmosphere, but I just had so many better burgers that I just can't rave about this place.

They don't have a frier, so your burger comes with home fries or potato salad. This wasn't bad, but I really love the classic combination of burgers and fries. Maybe it was an off day. I know they have their own butcher who works in house, and that is exciting. But the burger wasn't memorable at all.

Bottom Line: I've had better.


No comments: