Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Johnny's Hots


My experience at Johnny Hots: I pull up to a tiny little stand off Delaware ave. It's populate with a bunch of guys standing around, mostly cops and construction workers, and a few people who have walked over from nearby. The menu has several sandwich options, but everyone seems to be ordering cheesesteaks and "the combo." I ordered the combo, a hot sausage topped with fishcakes on a white roll. I also got onions, long hots, and spicy mustard. My sandwich came out lightening fast, it was waiting for me even before I could put my change in my wallet.

The sandwich was good, and I scarfed it down pretty quickly. I didn't love the combination of sausage and fish cakes. The fish cakes have an okay taste, and the texture of scrapple. I did like the sausage, but nothing was amazing here.
Bottom Line: It's a good place, but not amazing. If I remember correctly, the hours are only breakfast and lunch during the week, and that makes it hard to eat here. The whole operation is really quick in and out, and it's proximity to 95 could make it a good stop if you needed to grab something before hopping on.

No comments: