Monday, August 22, 2011

Stahley's Cellarette


This place is by no means worth going out of your way for, but if you are nearby, it's certainly worth a stop. Stahley's is cheap. Really cheap. Sandwiches start at $4 and a pint of Yuengling was $1.75. In addition to the beers, they have birch beer on tap, which was really enjoyable.

The service was great; it was like my grandmother became much more sassy and was serving me lunch. I ordered the namesake sandwich, the Stahley's Cellarette. It was an odd sandwich; ham and cheese on a roll topped with pickles, peppers, and tomato sauce. I don't think the flavors complimented each other in any way, but at $4, I was happy with it. I ordered sweet potato fries on the side and they were pretty good.

I was out with my two friends Liz and Emily. Emily ordered a tuna melt that was piled high with enough tuna on it for two sandwiches. Liz went for the buffalo chicken sandwich which was also pretty big. Their sandwiches were also just average.

The atmosphere is pretty fun. Lots of locals, people who have probably been coming here for years upon years, kids running around, neon signs for all of the worst beers: it all combines into an oddly charming environment. Most of the bar patrons were closely following the state little league game. The whole place was quaint and simultaneously divey.

Bottom Line: The food is pretty average, but this is still a fun joint and you will definitely get your money's worth.

No comments: