Sunday, May 4, 2008

Carman's Country Kitchen

I really like brunch, and I'm into trying out new places, trying to find where I want to regularly eat breakfast.  Simply put, Carmen's is at the top of the breakfast game, possibly the best place in the whole city.  The menu offers four choices that change daily.  Each is $12, a side of meat is $2 extra.

I had the scallops with eggs, toast and potatoes.  I really like seafood, but I'm not a scallop lover.  These were the best scallops I've ever had.  My housemate and brunch partner Jonny had a lima bean omelet that looked delicious.  Despite having a limited menu, most people, including vegetarians, shouldn't have a hard time finding something they want.  

The service is unbeatable. Carmen's is a tiny little place, there are about five tables, and then a small bar.  Reservations are required.

Carmen's will become a regular stop for me.  It's one of, if not the, best breakfast places in the whole city.  Do yourself a favor and wake up early, make a reservation, and head over and see what Carmen is serving up today.

Essentials:
1301 S 11h St (11th and Wharton)
Phone: 215-339-9613
Avg Ent:12-14
Reservations: Required
BYOB: No way.

No comments: