Tuesday, February 3, 2009

$2 Tacconelli's pizza..


Maybe you don't know this, but Lana loves scratch tickets.  I bought one for her last night and she/we won $14.  I don't play the lottery often; therefore, I win even less.  So I was pretty excited.  Instead of wasting the winnings on more tickets, as I'm sure many people do, I proposed the idea that we should use the winnings for a trip to Tacconelli's next week.  In case you didn't know, this place is legendary.  You have to call a day a head of time and reserver your dough.  One guy makes all of the pizzas.  They are only open five days a week because they want to take a break.  It's pretty cool, and a total adventure, and some of the most delicious pizza you will ever have.  Want to join us?

Also, it's BYO, which is awesome.  There are often families drinking wine out of plastic cups (which is possibly the definition of kitsch).  Still, it makes for a good trip, and I'm sure I could find a good pairing for the pizza with one of the 14 different kinds of beer in the fridge at my house right now.  

3 comments:

lana bear said...

I want to come! :)

I do love scratch tickets. Im going to have to take you with me to cash it, or else I would just buy more tickets with the winnings..hah.

love you

Jonny Rashid said...

Sure, let me know the when and maybe we can Amie can go along.

Joshua Grace said...

that sounds awesome