Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A RX Rebuttal

I got a message from the owner of Rx the other day, and I thought it was fair to post his response to my review. I looked back at my review and believe it to be honest and overall, positive. Here's his two cents:

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate your attention to detail. So does my brunch chef, who seems to have taken your comments about portion sizes as a personal challenge. I don't think you'll have a problem with portion size should you choose to return.

Re: sides, every dish has some side, whether it's potatoes or salad. There are no plates going out naked.

Re: price, to do what we do definitely costs a little more. There is no other place in the city with such a locally sourced brunch, as any farmer delivering to Philly will tell you. That said, I think paying marginally more for the best available ingredients is a fair trade-off.

Re: minimum, what can I tell you? college students like to camp out over a cup of coffee regardless of ho many people are waiting to sit down to eat.

Thanks again for the input,
Greg Salisbury

And my response: I pretty much agree with Greg. I didn't take offense to the price, the minimum per person, or the portion sizes, but I think that all of these facts were notable. The dish i ordered for brunch was two eggs over black beans, so I guess they're considered the side? I didn't feel like my dish was naked, but just a little bit more would have gone a long way.

But I'm not here to complain. I think there's a lot to be said for restaurant owners reaching out and taking constructive criticism. Cheers Greg. Now everyone go eat at RX...

No comments: