Thursday, January 29, 2009

El Camino Real

Basically by chance, I've been to this place three times in the last few weeks.  I don't feel like going too into depth about the place, so I'll make it quick.

The Bar:  The bar does not have a single rotating tap.  The only things worth drinking here are Legacy Dear Abbey Dubbel or the Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale, and even those can get old if you come too often.  It's also overpriced; $7 and $6 respectively for the aforementioned beers. Here's the redeeming quality that makes it all worthwhile: half priced pints, pitchers, and margaritas from 5-7 on weekdays.

The Food:  The menu is split into two separate sections, Mexican and Texas.  I've had the barbeque and a burrito, and both were good.  The menu is a mixed bag with some great deals and some overpriced dishes, so chose wisely.  You will also save money by ordering your sandwich and sides separately, which is really strange.  If you take a moment and check out the menu, and ask your server a few questions, I'm sure you will be happy with your choices.

My conclusion is that El Camino Real is a fine place, as long as when I go, it's happy hour, and my visits are not too frequent.  $2.50 endless chips and salsa are an excellent appetizer, with green and smoked red salsa.

2 comments:

Joshua Grace said...

those beers are way overpriced. sorry to be such a MTR guy these days...but they are better!

leann (gorman) wood said...

the steak steak skewers are really good at el camino as well