Friday, June 5, 2009

Spaghetti Warehouse

It wasn't until about a year ago that I started to get into the really great food and drink scene here in Philadelphia. So as a young college student, it seemed like a good idea to hit up the Spaghetti Warehouse: Mom was passing through town and wanted to grab dinner with me somewhere close to campus. I wanted to get off of Temple's domain, but knew we didn't have too much time, so my mind instantly gravitated toward the Spaghetti Warehouse. It's pretty close and I knew right where it was, because it's impossible to miss.

True to name, this place is a big open spot and has a warehouse/cheap italian restaurant feel. you know, with plastic checkered red and white tablecloths. I guess that could be fun.

To be honest, I don't remember a whole lot about my meal here, everything was average, and in no way memorable. I do know one thing: I haven't had the slightest desire to go back here in the last four years. It's a big chain restaurant that somehow maintains business. I save seen there banner advertising a $5 lunch special, if you really feel the need to visit, lunch is the time to do so.

Bottom Line: The best part about this place is that there website is meatballs.com. Don't go here. There are a lot of better, Italian places. I've never been to Bistro Juliana or Il Cantuccio, I'm just going to guarantee they are better. On a side note, I need to check out those places.

1 comment:

leann (gorman) wood said...

i don't think i ever knew anyone who actually went there!