Monday, November 1, 2010

Slack's Hoagie Shack


I was checking in on a claim that Slack's has an excellent cheesesteak. Since Griladelphia went out of business, I've been craving a good cheesesteak place close to my house.

We ordered cheesesteaks while my mom was in town. She knew I'd be posting arrview, so she took notes as she picked up the food. The place was friendly and busy. There seemed to be a lot of regulars, and everyone behind the counter was at work on the lunch rush. Slacks has a pretty large menu, with subs as the main player, but wings, ect ect.
They charge extra for cheese wiz, which when talking about Philly cheesesteaks should be standard. Other than that, I was quite happy with everything from Slack's. The hoagies are pretty big, and everything here is reasonably priced. The meat is high quality, thin sliced and griddle cooked, as it should be, and it's clearly a good representation of a Philly cheesesteak. It's bigger, better, and cheaper than something you'd grab at Pat's or Geno's.

Bottom Line: There's not too much to say about this place. It doesn't blow me away, nor does it disappoint. Slack's doesn't do anything amazing, but it's a good cheesesteak, and I now know where to go when I need one.

Essentials:
2499 Aramingo Ave
215-423-4020
Avg Ent: 5-8
Cash Only: No

No comments: