Monday, March 1, 2010

A Full Plate

A Full Plate is a nice little BYO cafe in Northern Liberties. I met up with my good friend Manderson for dinner last week. But I'm having a hard time thinking of anything to write, because the overall experience is so...so....extremely mediocre. I hadn't visited in a while, because last time I was less than thrilled. This visit was no exception.

I do like the cool little vibe this cafe has going. It has a great atmosphere, and I like the friendly menu. Vegetarians, vegans, and glutenfrees will have no trouble eating here. Also, all of the food is fresh. The service wasn't great, but there seemed to only be two or three people working; weird for a weeknight dinner.

There was one fantastic part of the meal: The fries. We split a side of fries, which was a mix of hand cut sweet and regular potatoes. They were thick and perfectly cut. They were also a good compliment to my catfish po'boy, which had two huge pieces of fried catfish. Melissa ordered a salad that looked pretty good, but also pretty small. The prices aren't cheap, but they're not unreasonable either.

Bottom Line: I like that this place is BYO. There are also a few other place I'd rather go within walking distance. I know a lot of people who really love this place, so maybe you should talk to them instead of me. I don't see myself visit again. Honey's for dinner seems to be a much better option, and is also BYOB.

Essentials:
1009 N Bodine St (Liberties Walk)
215-627-4068
Hours: M-TH: 11-9, F: 11-10, Sat: 10-10, Sun: 10-3
Cash Only: No
Reservations: No
BYOB: Yes


1 comment:

nugget said...

Go back and get the Toads in a Hole for Brunch. It will change your mind.