Friday, March 26, 2010

General Lafayette Brew Pub revisited

Last Friday I made the drive out to General Lafayette to have dinner with my good friends John and Melissa.

Not too much has changed since my last visit. The brewery is still churning out some of the best small batch beer in the area. The atmosphere and service leave a lot to be desired.

I am writing with a new tip. Call ahead. We were hoping to take advantage of the beautiful weather and sit out on the patio. The whole first floor was closed for a rehearsal dinner. To add to our disappointment, John favorite beer, the mead, was out. We were shuffled a stuffy, loud room upstairs.

To start out, we had the homemade "pretzels" and mustard. The sauces were good, but these were little more than glorified breadsticks, and not very good ones at that. Despite my previous experience, I went ahead and ordered the burger. It was much better this time, but not incredible. It was well cooked, and made with good ingredients. The seasoning was questionable, but overall I had a decent dinner.

Bottom Line: Call ahead to make sure to check the available beers. Sitting outside is really nice in good weather. Eat before you visit, and expect shoddy service. The beer is still awesome, and I still recommend this spot.

Essentials:

646 E Germantown PikeLafayette Hill, PA 19444

(610) 941-0600

Avg Ent: 9-17

Cash only: No

Reservations: Yes, but not needed

No comments: