Friday, March 5, 2010

Tommy DiNic's and Flying Monkey

My good friend Brent came into town and we hit up our old favorite, Reading Terminal Market for lunch. While there are so many good tried and true options for lunch, I was tempted to try out a new spot. Tommy Dinic's serves up slow roasted pork and roast beef, and it is awesome. For the market, it's one of the better values for food. It's along the lines of John's Roast Pork, but also offers toppings. We had a roast beef sandwich is provolone and broccoli rabe. It's a unique sandwich that is delicious; RJD2 agrees. If you're a meat eater, this should definitely be one of your future stops at the market.

For dessert, I also passed on my favorite cookie stand and walked over to Flying Monkey for cupcakes. We had chia tea and peanut butter chocolate cupcakes. The frosting was excellent, but the cupcake was subpar. If you're going to charge 2-3 dollars per cupcake, I expect an all-around outstanding product. I did, however, purchase a double chocolate dipped peanut butter sandwich. This was incredible. Flying Monkey seems to offer mixed dessert, if overpriced.

It was a great trip to Reading Terminal Market, and I was glad to try out some new spots. This is an around great stop for produce, meat, cheese, spices, coffee, and prepared food.

Essentials:
12th and Arch
Hours: 8am-6pm, Sun 9am-4pm

No comments: