Thursday, April 2, 2009

Iovine Brothers

I've always been a huge fan of Iovine Brothers and the Reading Terminal Market in general. There is so much to like about this place. Their whole goal is to sell fresh and local produce at great prices. Every single time I go there I come home and want people to guess how little I spent because I think I got such a great deal.

Also, I just discovered their "grab bags." These are slightly damaged, or older, and just not great looking fruits and veggies they put into bags and sell for $1 each. That being said, the stuff is still great. There was a lot of good stuff yesterday, and there's nothing wrong with it; especially if you're going to use it the same day.

So, for under $7, I got:
10 Tangerines
3 Asian Pears
1.72 lbs of green beans
6 bananas
and 2 tomatoes

The food is much fresher than produce at local grocery stores, and I love going through the market on a busy weekday. I plan to check out other businesses there, and will hopefully get some delicious meat, cheese, and coffee in the future.

Essentials:
1136 Arch St (Reading Terminal Market)
215-928-4366

1 comment:

Jonny Rashid said...

I'd love to go cheese and chocolate shopping there. I think their best coffee is the Old City stand.