Thursday, March 19, 2009

Agrement of Sales Addedum

After the inspection, I wanted to make add a few repairs to the agreement of sale so that they would be fixed before the house was in my hands. Unless a house is being sold as-is, this is a pretty standard procedure.

The biggest problem from the inspection was the furnace. Replacing it and the chimney meant I was looking at least $3100 in repairs. With that knowledge and Jeff's guidance, we crafted a addendum asking for the the following:

A fiberglass coating on the upper roof to strengthen and extend its life
Ungrounded outlets to be grounded
Small leak fixed in bathroom
PVC sewage vent pipe extended to top of roof (to get rid of poopy smells)
Replace two windows in poor condition
Cap and seal all windows on rear of house
Repair masonry joist pockets in basement
Settle accounts with PGW and restore gas service before settlement
$2,500 credit towards furnace replacement and chimney repair

Long story short: I got everything except the two windows replaced. The house isn't perfect, but I feel like I'm getting a lot fixed even before I move in. I still have some things that I need to work on over the next few months when I get in, but I've successfully passed another hurdle in the whole process.

Next up: Securing a commitment to loan from the bank, and getting an appraisal that meets or exceeds the sale price.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Furnace inspection, an air duct cleaning service is ecessary before moving into a new house. If you're looking for a chimney or air duct cleaning service in Atlanta, I'd recommend Mad Hatter Services (http://www.madhatterservices.com/). These guys have more than 30 years' experience, which gives them extensive knowledge of air duct and chimney cleaning service. They are also fully equipped to carry out a thorough analysis of the chimney work in any house and provide a detailed report.