Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Que Chula Es Puebla

I have passed Que Chula Es Puebla on my bike a few times since it opened earlier this year. Because I have the inclination to enjoy most Mexican food that I eat, I was expecting to enjoy Que Chula (almost) no matter what I came across.

When I walked in with my friend Lulu, they were blasting (what I think was) Mexican music. Further, I think we were the only native English speakers. This joint felt authentic. Without asking, they turned down the music a bit for us. The place was mostly empty, but clean and generally nice. We sat down right away, and were brought complementary chips. Our server, who I would guess to be one of the owners, was an adorable Mexican woman. She was sweet and attentive.

We ordered guacamole and chips as an appetizer, and I ordered a slow-roast pork grilled burrito while Lulu got a chimichanga. The guacamole was not the best I've ever had. But for being at 2nd and Master on the 2nd day of spring, I was impressed. Our food took a while, but neither of us minded. When it arrived, we had huge portions in front of us. We both got to the point in our meal where we could have stopped eating and been full, but it tasted so good that we didn't want to stop. In case I haven't made my point, the food really was delicious. Moreover, when you consider that everything was slightly less than $20, it was even more awesome.

I think I've already said enough to sell people on this place. But there is more: BYOB and free delivery. (Nick Filirdi, I garentee a more satisfying meal that your last Ekta order). I like to support local businesses, but Que Chula seems to have everything going for it. The menu is extensive enough for me to go back a few times and enjoy myself. Tacos, burritos, and other dishes can be filled with fish, meat or veggies. I would be hard NOT to find something to enjoy here. This is probably the best food you can get in the price range. If you want to go here, let me know. I am down. I've scanned the menu for your (and after I lose it, my future) reference. Menu on my flickr.

Essentials:
1356 N 2nd St (2nd and Master)
215-203-0404
Avg Ent: 6-10
Cash only: Not sure
Reservations: No
BYOB: YES

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to check this place out, I'm glad you did it for me! Lunch date?

Jonny Rashid said...

This place looks awesome. Might pick up a bottle and go there with Amie on Friday.`

Colleen Keller said...

Weeg eats and so does Sara Keel and Colleen Keller. Thanks for the recommendation!