Friday, March 27, 2009

Grilladelphia

I've heard from a few friends that Grilladelphia serves up an awesome cheesesteak. Because Grilladelphia is inside of a gas station, I have to admit that I've always been skeptical. Still, after weeks of trying to meet up to try it out, my friend Ethan and I alignedc our schedules and made the trip last night.

First of all, I know a lot of people like this place because it's cheap. $7.50 gets you any size fountain drink, a large order of fries, and a 1/2 pound cheesesteak. It's more food than you should want to eat. That being said, I ate the whole thing. Health wise, its pretty killer, but makes up for it in taste.

First of all, the lady taking my order was extremely pleasant. Ethan told me that this isn't usually the case, but they get points for having such a nice employee serve me on my first visit. We were getting take out, and she quickly made our food and packaged it up with ample napkins and ketchup.

I ordered my steak in true Philly fashion: onions, peppers and cheese. And it was, surprisingly, the most flavorful steak I've ever had. The ratios of all of the ingredients were perfect. It was spicy, tangy, cheesy goodness. Also, the bread that they use is awesome. It's made from round shaped "pouch" roll that has its insides scooped out and replaced with the steak. Its quite a delicious innovation.

Even writing about it I'm getting a bit hungry. I didn't think a steak shop inside the "Rock and Roll" Exxon could be this good. The sandwich is also served with excellent fries. Lastly, Grilladelphia's website insists they use local, fresh produce, which is an added bonus. There's not much to say other than this place is some of the best takeout around. I'm sold.

Essentials:
2330 Aramingo Ave (Aramingo and York)
Avg Ent: 5-8
Cash only: No
Basically take out only

1 comment:

Jonny Rashid said...

I thought true Philly style was Wizz With. Sounds delicious, though. I'd ask them to package it with napkins, ketchup, and an angioplasty next.