Monday, March 2, 2009

Housebuying...week 3?!?

I can't believe I only started the house search (about) three weeks ago. Thursday night I went out with Jeff again. This was by far our best session together. I am really honing in on what I am looking for. I only needed a few minutes in some places to know that they weren't right for me. The best part of the night was 2521 Emerald Street. It seemed to have everything that I was looking for in a house. On top of that, it was in my price range.

Friday was a day of serious thinking. I knew that the house on Emerald St. was great, and that a lot of other people were looking at it. But I kept asking myself "is it the one for me?" For a full day, I really thought hard. John Mallinen passed on some good advice to me, "When you're buying a house, you get to a point where you just have to close your eyes and jump." Conventionally, it might sound like bad advice, but it was what I needed to hear. Naturally, I also had a lot of doubts and reservations that I was thinking about on my own. That's why I mostly needed the people around me to be positive and encouraging.

My mom recommended that I look at the house one or two more times before I made my bid. Because this means coordinating schedules between myself, two agents, and a tenant, I didn't think I had time to do that before other bids came in. Luckily, I was walking by on Saturday with Jonny and Kashi and the women staying there was coming out and was more than happy to let Jonny and I have a look around. Seeing it again was good, unexpected, and made me sure I wanted to go for it.

This post is long, so more on the story later.

1 comment:

Joshua Grace said...

it could be marvelous. home inspection is key to have before you tie up money that you wont get back. sometimes there are things that the untrained eye might not notice.